Patient guide to injectable cosmetic treatments
You should take care when choosing who treats you, where, and with what. It is your body after all - take care of it!
- Treatments You Can Trust gives advice on doctors, dentists and registered nurses offering injectable cosmetic treatments (botulinum toxin, often known under a trade name Botox®, and dermal fillers)
- Treatments You Can Trust gives you the assurance that healthcare professionals registered with the here are practising in accordance with a set of recognised standards.
These treatments are safe ONLY when delivered by trained people in clinical surroundings.
When you see the Quality Assurance Mark you can be sure the person you are going to allow to treat you is a suitably trained and that the premises are safe.
The Quality Assurance Mark is how Treatments You Can Trust guides you to a safe choice of clinic.
See for yourself the Treatments You Can Trust list of doctors, dentists and registered nurses who are qualified and trained to administer injectable cosmetic treatments. They all display our certificate of trustworthiness. For more information:
When you visit a cosmetic clinic - look out for the Quality Assurance Mark. When it is displayed you can be sure that you are getting Treatments You Can Trust.
Cosmetic surgery is done by surgeons registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and also registered with The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and/or British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). We do not register them here unless they also provide injectable cosmetics.
- See the General Medical Council (GMC) website
- See the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) website
- See the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) website
Children under the age of 18 years must not be treated using either injectable cosmetics or laser / ILS treatments unless there is a sound clinical indication and then only under the direct supervision of a medical practitioner.